Digital Resources for Students
If you recently received a new or loaner laptop here are some getting started tips.
1. Set Chrome as your default browser! Here is a YouTube video to show you how.
2. Log into your Google Account. Use one of the methods below so the "@fcpsschools.net" is pre-populated, you should only need to enter your username and password.
- Use the shortcut already on your Bookmarks bar
- OR, go to the FCPS Website and use the G Suite Shortcut on the menu bar
3. Add your own frequently used shortcuts to your Bookmarks Bar.
- Here is a You Tube video that shows you how to add your Blackboard Collaborate links, or a PDF if you prefer print.
- Add your Google Classroom link to your Bookmarks bar. How? In your Drive, click the Drive Menu Icon>Select Classroom>Click the Star icon in the Chrome address bar, make sure you choose to add it to Bookmarks Bar.
- Check the Frequently Used Resources below for other sites you might want to add to your Bookmarks.
Other Troubleshooting Tips
- If you are having trouble with your Audio or Video, try these tips before contacting your teacher!
- Is Chrome acting funny? Try Resetting it to its Defaults.