Visitors and Volunteers
- Adult visitors are required to sign in with an ID and get a visitor’s badge at the school office. Our new Visitor Management System requires you scan your lD at each visit.
- Parents are permitted to eat lunch with their child, attend performances, and volunteer. Please refrain from bringing in fast food items for lunch.
- Non school-aged children may not accompany parents when volunteering. They are welcome to visit for lunch in the cafeteria.
- Volunteers for both school sponsored and PTA sponsored activities are welcome and needed at Oak Hill. There are both at school and at home opportunities to volunteer with various time commitments. We would love to have you join us! Volunteer guidelines were discussed at Back-to-School Night. Below are the highlights.
- A volunteer does not discuss confidential information. Confidential information includes, but is not limited to: Scholastic and health records, test scores and grade, discipline problems within a classroom or during an activity, and character traits of an individual child. A volunteer does not discuss such matters with friends, neighbors or other volunteers.
A volunteer supports the staff by following school-wide or classroom regulations regarding student behavior.
A volunteer must be dependable and consistent in order to provide the maximum benefit of such assistance. Phone the school well in advance to inform the staff member when you will not be able to assist at the assigned time. Phone the PTA committee chair well in advance when you will be unable to help with an assigned PTA function.